In July 2021, the consent model for Rhode Island’s Health Information Exchange (CurrentCare) approved by the Rhode Island state general assembly and the Governor’s office to transition to an “Opt-Out” consent model. This legislative change updates the consent language in Rhode Island Health Information Exchange Act of 2008 from “opt-in” to “opt-out.” Read the press release from the State of Rhode Island General Assembly.
- HealthInfoNet, The Rhode Island Quality Institute, and VITL Announce New England Region Health Information Exchange (HIE) Collaboration
- Sarkar Interview with ConvergenceRI – CurrentCare Moving to Opt-Out Consent Model
- New Law to Change CurrentCare to an Opt-Out Consent Model
- New Law to Boost Electronic Medical Records Use
- Rhode Island Quality Institute Receives COVID-19 Test Results from East Side Clinical Laboratory and Coastal Medical