March 22, 2019 6:01 am
PBN HAS ANNOUNCED the winners of the 2019 PBN C-Suite Awards.
PROVIDENCE – Providence Business News on Friday announced the winners of its 2019 C-Suite Awards, recognizing top C-level executives in the public, private and nonprofit sectors who are innovators, trailblazers, role models and leaders in the community.
PBN named Arthur Sampson, a member of Lifespan Inc.’s CEO Council and president of The Miriam Hospital, as the Career Achiever. Sampson has worked in the health care industry for 44 years and became Miriam president in 2012. Earlier this month, the Providence hospital was named among the IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals.
Angela Bannerman Ankoma, executive vice president and director of community investment at United Way of Rhode Island, was named Rising Star for 2019.
Bannerman Ankoma leads the United Way’s community investment work, overseeing more than $4 million in grants to programs and organizations across the state last year. She was appointed director of community investment in 2017.
In the Chief Financial Officer award category, the following executives were recognized:
- Government agency: James Lathrop, director of finance for the town of North Kingstown
- Nonprofit: Mark Loiselle, chief financial officer at Saint Elizabeth Community
- Education: Brian Douglas, executive vice president, finance and administration, at Wheaton College
For the category of Chief Operating Officer, PBN recognized:
- Small Private Company: Noah Benedict, chief operating officer at Rhode Island Primary Care Physicians Corp.
- Nonprofit: Aaron Peterman, chief operating officer at Providence Public Library
In the Chief Human Resources Officer categories, the winners were:
- Nonprofit: Michelle Dexter, senior director of human resources at Rhode Island Quality Institute
- Small Private Company: Kim McCauley, chief human resources officer at Narragansett Bay Insurance Co.
Lisa Blackmon, chief information officer at Brown Physicians Inc., was the sole recipient of the PBN Chief Information/Technology Officer award.
In other C-Suite Awards categories, PBN recognized:
- Melissa Cummings, chief customer officer and executive vice president at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island.
- Lisa Roth Blackman, chief philanthropy officer at Rhode Island Community Food Bank.
An awards dinner and ceremony to celebrate the 2019 winners will be held April 25 at the Omni Providence Hotel from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
The presenting sponsor for the C-Suite Awards is KPMG LLC; the partner sponsor is the Hilb Group New England.
Tickets are available through the PBN website.